Last week, I had a heart-to-heart talk with a group of our CAREEREALISM TV viewers about America’s job engine and why it’s broken. In this discussion, I explained in detail:
1. How events in the last 30 years have changed the employment process and caused unemployment rates to stay higher longer.
2. What the term “jobless recovery” means and how it directly impacts your ability to get hired.
3. Why it takes so long for companies to hire today and why they seem to have adopted a “hurry up and wait” approach to hiring.
4. Why more than 50% of Americans in the future will be temporary workers!
5. Why if you don’t change the way you look at your career and job search, you can expect to be unemployed more frequently and for longer periods of time.
Want to see this episode? Simply sign-up » for a Freemium Membership over at CareerHMO.com. You’ll get instant access to over 100+ hours of career tutorials, including last week’s presentation, “Why America’s Job Engine is Broken.”
I guarantee this session will make you look at your professional future in a whole new way.
Photo credit: Shutterstock