Recently, a reader asked the following question:
“I was recently let go from my last company. Are your Career Experts able to assist with exit statements on why you left a job for situations like this?”
Yes, we do a lot of work in this area. It falls in our “Interview Prep” category. Here’s how we help you work through and create a solid answer to: “Why did you leave your last job?”
Steal The HR Playbook
- We have you watch our expert video tutorials on how to prepare for behavioral interviews.
- We provide you with a comprehensive list of 18 behavioral questions that you could get asked on an interview. (I’m talking REALLY tough questions – the kind that make you sweat just hearing them, let alone answering them!)
- We have you write out your answers and submit them to a career expert for review.
- The expert then works with you by e-mail so you can fine-tune your answers and be truly confident they are sending the right message.
- In particular, we focus on the questions that are giving you the greatest ‘crisis of confidence’ and then we work on those until you are 110% ready to discuss them in an interview.
Interview Prep Eliminates #1 Killer Of Candidates In Interviews
The process above works well for those who have been fired or laid off because it helps them work through their pain and fears related to discussing what they see as an ‘unpleasant’ item on their career record. Through your interactions and support from your assigned career coach, you’ll see that this is nothing to be sad, embarrassed, or angry about. We help you move past the emotions and focus on the good (yes, good!) that has come from the experience.
Trust me, you need to move past this.
Ninety-three percent of communication is non-verbal. So, if you aren’t completely comfortable talking about all the tough stuff, then you can bet hiring managers can read it in your body language, facial expressions and voice tone. People know when you are lying – and not being at peace with your past but trying to hide it is a form of lying… especially, to yourself.
Interview Prep Success Stories
Our clients say this process is one of the most helpful features in our program. Here are two quotes from members who completed the process above:
“When I sat down for the interview and the HR person started to ask me questions, I felt like I had stolen the opposing team’s playbook before the Superbowl.”
“I am now a step ahead in interviews because of the help I got from CareerHMO.com. I had three offers in hand within a month versus 10 months of struggling alone to find a job. I can’t be thankful enough to the program for such a tremendous boost to my confidence.”
Your Next Step
Did you find this article helpful? If you need more help, then why not check out CareerHMO and the disruptive job search we teach?
Photo Credit: Shutterstock