We are looking for new interns for the 2011-2012 college year. Come join a progressive organization that strives to be on the forefront of technology and the career industry.
The internships are part-time and unpaid. The upside is you can receive academic credit (if you want) and obtain valuable experience in an industry that is growing rapidly. Also, you’ll get a FREE lifetime membership to CareerHMO.com – our exclusive career coaching service. In other words, we will personally help you find a job after your internship is complete.
Hired interns must be able to work at the offices of The CAREEREALISM Companies in Portsmouth, NH.
If you are interested in working 10 hours/week, complimentary lunches, paid parking/gas, and obtaining a premium resume booster – check out these job openings:
1. Content Management Intern
- Upload, edit, proof, and optimize daily content to blog
- Organize and manage content schedule
- Oversee client accounts to ensure positive user experience
- Generate weekly newsletter to 26,000+ subscribers
- Participate in social networks while working to increase the number of relevant followers
2. PR & Communications Management Intern
- Write and distribute daily press releases on service opportunities
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive media contact list and constantly nurture relationships with these contacts
- Pitch stories to media contacts
- Work with staff to identify, pitch, write, and promote customer case studies
3. Client Management & Business Development Intern
- Research, identify, and contact potential business partners
- Work with staff to recognize revenue-generating opportunities
- Track the success of sales campaigns
- Field inbound questions from potential customers
4. Web TV Production & Management Intern [Position Filled]
- Identify and schedule guests for shows
- Create and distribute show promo pages
- Develop and maintain online show schedule
- Edit and upload recordings to archives
- Generate show graphics and produce on-air shows
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and exceptional phone etiquette
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Capacity to work well in team environments
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Independent self-starter with outstanding problem solving skills
- High attention to detail with an analytical approach to objectives
Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following credentials:
- Knowledge and experience with social media and the digital media space, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and WordPress
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Photoshop, SEO and HTML/CSS
- Junior and senior students; all majors accepted
Our interns will learn:
- Acclimating to the business environment and attaining real world business experience
- Exposure to Marketing 2.0 techniques
- Learning about customer relationship management and its impact on a company’s bottom line
- Gaining knowledge in the career development and job search process that will directly impact your ability to find a full-time job after graduation
How to apply:
Do not send us a resume and cover letter! Instead, answer the following three questions and e-mail your answers to [email protected].
- In general, why are you seeking an internship right now? Why are you applying for this particular internship?
- What is your understanding of CAREEREALISM.com and its mission?
- Using examples, tell us how your knowledge and past experiences will help us reach our mission?
Application Deadline: This is an ongoing opportunity.
Internship Start Date: Candidate’s choice unless otherwise advised by institution.
Internship End Date: Candidate’s choice unless otherwise advised by institution.
Internship Location: Portsmouth, NH
Compensation: Academic credit only but this is not required.