You’ve just spent the last forty-five minutes answering questions from a hiring manager. You gave it all you had. You think you did okay. The hiring manager seemed to smile and nod a lot when you were speaking. Then, suddenly, she asks, “Do you have any questions for me?” While you initial instinct might be to quit while you are ahead and say, “No. I’m good,” the right thing to do is ask a set of strategic questions designed help you stand out and get the job. [Pssst. Be sure to read all the way to the bottom, I have a special offer for those who do so.]
4 C’s Of Interview Questions
In the video above, I map out why you need a strategy for asking questions in the interview. If you don’t know what to ask and why, you will not only miss out on the opportunity to make a good impression, but also fail to get the insights you need to determine if this employer is right for you. The secret to asking great questions in an interview is to use the following 4Cs as your guidelines:
- Corporate Culture
- Company Challenges
- Closing Conversation
When you use these correctly, you can craft questions that will make you look friendly, collaborative, well-researched, and professional – all great qualities to display to a hiring manager on an interview!
To Prove My Point, Here Are 8 Simple Interview Questions You Can Ask A Hiring Manager That Support The 4 Cs Mentioned Above:
- How did you come to work here? (CONNECT)
- What do you love most about working here? (CONNECT)
- Who’s the most successful person hired here in the last year and how have they succeeded? (CORPORATE CULTURE)
- Who’s been least successful person hired and what did they do wrong? (CORPORATE CULTURE)
- What’s the biggest challenge the company will face this year and how will it be overcome? (COMPANY CHALLENGES)
- As an employee, what can I do to make a difference an have an impact on the company this year? (COMPANY CHALLENGES)
- Is there anything about my candidacy that you would change to make me a better fit for this job? (CLOSE CONVERSATION)
- What are the next steps in the hiring process? (CLOSE CONVERSATION)
NOTE: To learn exactly why these are the prefect questions to ask, watch the video above.
PS – Want More Help With Interviews? Try This…
The Job Seeker’s Guide To Nailing Every Interview, is the most comprehensive and easy-to-use interview prep course you will find online. I guarantee you will be amazed at how much better you interview skills will be after completing this course. You work so hard to get interviews, don’t leave it up to chance! Get the tutorials TODAY so you can nail your next interview and get the job!