Our thoughts are magnets that attract the outcomes we are thinking about. Even if you want something desperately, if your thoughts say you will never get it, guess what? You won't. However, if you change your thoughts on achieving it, you will.
This is mostly because if your thoughts are laser-focused on getting or accomplishing something, you will do the right things in order to make it happen.
This principle is commonly known as the Law of Attraction, and can be applied to many areas of your life. Whether it's getting well, losing weight, quitting smoking, competing at peak levels, or finding a job, your attitude is crucial to success. Believing you can do something provides the strength and stamina to overcome the obstacles in your path. Positive thinking propels a small engine successfully up a mighty hill.
If you're struggling in your job search, try applying this principle. By changing your thoughts, you will reach your goal. Notice the attitudes and actions of successful job candidates. They are positive and enthusiastic. They keep their heads up high and smile. They believe from the bottom of their being they will get a job. The unsuccessful candidates walk around saying there aren't any jobs, they will never find anything, and other negative thoughts.
So, how can you use the Law of Attraction to find job search success? Follow these seven tips.
7 Ways To Use The Law Of Attraction In Your Job Search
- Think positively. Deep down, not just on the surface. You can't just say you are thinking positively.
- Believe in you. Don't allow others to bring you down. You have the power.
- Align what you think and what you do to what you want. It won't work if your actions and thoughts are contradictory to the goal. If you don't think you will get it, you won't do what it takes to get it.
- Know you are going to get a job. Talk about when you get a job rather than if you get a job.
- Write down what your ideal job is. Concentrate on it.
- Imagine doing that job. Use guided imagery to assist in this step.
- Don't allow yourself to become discouraged. If you do, look for all the positive things in your life, and focus on them.
As with all things, practice makes perfect. If you aren't used to thinking this way, it will take some getting used to. But continue working on it. Career success will be yours if you do.
"You are a living magnet. What you attract into your life is in harmony with your dominant thoughts." —Brian Tracy
Need more help with your job search? We're here for you!
Or, join our career growth club today and get access to one-on-one career coaching, resume and cover letter reviews, online tutorials, and unlimited networking opportunities—all in your back pocket!
If you want FREE career advice in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter The Daily Dose!
This post was originally published at an earlier date.
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Job Search Results - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- Why You Need A Proactive (Not Reactive) Job Search Strategy ... ›
- 8 Tips For Conducting An Effective Job Search - Work It Daily ... ›
- 9 Ways To Stand Out In A Group Interview - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- 3 Rules To Follow If You Want To Get Your Dream Job - Work It Daily ›