Promotion Killers: Procrastinating
Procrastination leads to missed deadlines. It also leads to stress and a poor image. Procrastination is a promotion killer with a capital “K." Procrastination is the physical manifestation of fear. Most people fear failure, criticism and rejection. It’s only normal. We all want to feel good about ourselves. Failure, criticism and rejection are not pleasant experiences. They lower our self-esteem and make us feel bad about ourselves, so we often avoid doing things that we think might lead to failure, criticism or rejection. You have the courage to do things that might result in failure, criticism or rejection. Here are some great questions to ask yourself the next time you find yourself procrastinating because of your fear of failure, criticism or rejection.
- Why did I fail?
- Why did I get criticized or rejected?
- What did I do to cause the failure, criticism or rejection?
- What could I have done to prevent the failure, criticism or rejection?
- What have I learned from this situation?
- What will I do differently the next time?