“Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
No matter what you do in life, as long as you lead with a positive mindset and energy you will attract career success. It all begins between our ears!
Being a successful sales professional is one of the most demanding, and rewarding of all careers. Before you pick up a phone, walk into a customer’s office or interact at all with the public, make sure to get your head on straight. Be ready to put your best impression forward. Remember there is only one chance for a first impression, so make it a bold, authentic one! That first impression could be your last or just the beginning of what you hope will be a mutually beneficial, long-term relationship.
Having the right mindset each and every day is absolutely one of the most important commitments you make to yourself. It is all about getting focused, grounded and poised to face whatever the day has in store for you and learning to be armed for the uncertainty and the unexpected. Each one of us needs to build this into our everyday lives, in our own personal way.
Here are five things you can do to nurture your positive energy, help you get focused, disciplined and set up your daily mindset.
1. Set aside quiet time to be focused and organized. Just 30 minutes early in the day can fuel your mind and spirit with motivation. It can have a huge impact on the rest of the day.Rotate motivational or inspirational content around so it is fresh and has a more profound impact on you every day. Seek out books, websites, newsletters, inspiring people and other media from alternative sources.
2. Keep things in perspective. Focus on your goals and initiatives. Seek out alternative sources for news and information. There are so many examples of people or businesses finding positive opportunities in challenging times and representing the solution, not the problem.
3. Manage your time, tasks and interruptions. Practice time blocking. Build your daily and weekly schedule in advance. Assign periods for your activities. Stay on schedule to accomplish what you need to do through your day. Be flexible. When things change, go with the flow.
4. Stay in touch regularly with those that are important to you and always make you feel valued and special. Pick up the phone; call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a long time. Dash off a quick e-mail or note to someone and let them know you are thinking of them. Keeping your “positive people” active daily can be powerful for your future success and your positive well-being. Don’t isolate, congregate.
5. Have fun, practice laughter and develop your sense of humor. Enjoy your workspace and co-workers. Plan a family day. Take the dog to the dog park. Organize a game night with friends.
What are some of the things you do to set up your mindset daily?
If you want me to help you figure out how to better nurture your energy and daily mindset, call me.
Deborah Shane is the chief motivator, educator and catalyst of the professional development consulting company, Train With Shane.
Photo credit: Shutterstock