- You got fired for poor performance but don’t agree with management about it.
- You’ve got a DWI or felony conviction on your record.
- You quit your last job in a rage and left them hanging.
- Your last boss was a total jerk and let you go because you couldn’t get along.
- You were caught stealing and were let go.
- You were accused of sexual harassment (but never convicted) and was let go.
- You jumped jobs for several years and then got laid off and can’t explain why you can’t stay employed long-term.
These can be tough things to explain in an interview. Unfortunately, most job seekers don’t know what to say (and what NOT to say) in each of these cases.