Make it a habit to spend a little time every day planning your workday and wrapping up your day.
Related: 7 Ways To Stay Productive At Work
Here are some habits to get into:
The First 10-15 Minutes
Set aside at least 10 minutes at the beginning of the day to plan your day:
- What calls and meetings on my calendar do I need to prepare for?
- What are the three top things I’d like to accomplish today? Is time to complete those things on your calendar?
- What is the most important thing for me to get accomplished this morning?
- Are the activities represented on my calendar today consistent with my most valuable activities?
The Last 10-15 Minutes
Set aside at least 10 minutes at the end of the day to wrap up:
- What important things did I accomplish today?
- What meetings, calls, and activities do I need to follow up on? Who do I need to follow up with?
- Did I do a great job today of focusing on my most valuable activities? What corrections in course do I need to make tomorrow?
- Is there anyone I need to reach out and say “thanks” to?
Begin your day with a plan and end your day with a recap – every day.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock