7 Amazing Career Hacks For Working Moms
In today's corporate world, it's a battle to stay ahead in the race for success. Both men and women are contributing equally to build up the big picture of present society and advancement. But when it comes to parenting and career, women are still facing more troubles than men. Related: 4 Ways For Moms To Break Back Into A Career Most of the working moms complain that either work or parenting (or sometimes both) stress them out. Many find it difficult to cope out with these changes. It doesn't matter if you are single or married, if you are a working mother, it will always be a big challenge to maintain family and career at the same time. To ease your dilemma, here are seven hacks that will help you to keep your career and family happy.
1. Chart Out Your TasksIt may sound unnecessary to write down your everyday tasks when you know what you are supposed to do for the day. But it has been scientifically proven that, when we jot down our day-to-day tasks, it actually helps us to be more efficient and effective. Make to do or check lists separately for weekdays and weekends. Sometimes charting out tasks can help you to finish your tasks in advance.
2. Daddy Can Help!In present days, daddies are stepping into parenting more and more. Talk to your husband to sort out things and schedules your parenting time and chores. You will have to understand both you and your partner will have to deal this with a better understanding. Think of it as enjoying parenting rather than performing it as a task. If possible, arrange work shifts alternately so either you or your husband will be able to stay with your children all the time. Parenting becomes much easier for a woman when she gets the cooperation of her husband.
3. Search For Day Cares And NanniesSometimes, it may become difficult for both you and your husband to schedule time out to stay at home. For single mothers, it is always a struggle to find out safe places for their children. Get to know about your surroundings to find the best kid-friendly places. Browse on the Internet and/or take advice from colleagues and neighbors to find out the suitable day care center or trustworthy nannies for your children. Join in different mommies' blogs and societies to know better.
4. Be A Tech MomIt's high time we moms are going tech with our day-to-day lives. Get out of those old granny's parenting tips. Be a tech mom. Incorporate your smartphones into your routine as much as you can. Lean on some busy mommies apps like:
- Cozi - A perfect family calendar and to-do list apps for busy mommies. This app will let you input your tasks according to your family members. You can also input check lists, grocery lists, reminders, appointments, etc.
- Mom Maps - Looking for kid-friendly places? Use this app to find nearby parks, playgrounds, or indoor play areas.
- Mint - It's a struggle to set a budget from salary and save from it. Track your income, investments, and expenditure in one app and always stay one step ahead with the monthly savings.