Are you looking to work for a company that helps small businesses? Here's a snapshot of what it's like working at Square, along with opportunities available at the company.
Who Is Square?
Square is a financial services business and mobile payment company based in San Francisco, California. Square markets software and hardware payments products and has expanded into small business services.
Square's products are prominently used at restaurants, retail establishments, and many other enterprise small businesses.
As part of its mission, the company states on its website:
- "We're empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location."
- "We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone."
Square was founded in 2009 and has a global workforce with international offices and remote work positions.
Job Opportunities At Square
Career opportunities at Square include jobs in accounting & auditing, administration, analytics, art & creative, business development, customer success, data science, design, finance, hardware engineering, information technology, marketing, and project management, to name a few.
The job interview process at Square includes an initial interview with the recruiter, then an interview with Square employees that you'd be working closely with if hired, and most positions require job seekers to take part in a project.
What It's Like Working At Square
Square has won a number of awards and accolades through the years, including being recognized as a best employer and top digital company by Forbes in 2018. The company has also been recognized in the past for its leadership.
Three major areas that Square focuses on to foster a strong company culture include:
Leadership - Square encourages career development, mentorship, and community building to challenge its workforce and grow careers within the company.
Inclusion & Diversity -Square is a global company with a diverse customer base, and the company works hard to build a workforce to reflect that.
Social Impact - Square connects employees with local volunteer and service opportunities and fosters small business growth with virtual events and training.
Square company culture earned a B grade on job board site Comparably.
Other Square perks and benefits include:
- Paid parental leave (all employees are eligible for up to 16 weeks of paid time off to care for their newborn, adopted child, or foster child)
- Competitive pay and paid time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Wellness perks
Careers At Square
If you're interested in working at Square, visit the company's careers page to learn more.
- 5 Tips From Nike Recruiters On How To Ace Your Tech Interview ... ›
- Employees Want Unlimited Paid Time Off - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- 3 Companies Allowing Permanent Work From Home For Employees ... ›
- 3 Facts About Working At ReCharge Payments - Work It Daily ›
- 3 Exciting Things About Working At Hopper - Work It Daily ›
- Employers: THESE Are The Benefits Employees Want At Work - Work It Daily ›