You see the message you were dreading. Your work was found deficient. No one wants to have their work critiqued or have its flaws pointed out. And most definitely, not in public. Yet it happens for some professionals. While it never feels good when things go wrong, taking a step back, evaluating what happened, and thinking about how to prevent a recurrence can go a long way towards building resilience, strength and future success.
To learn more please go to: https://www.workitdaily.com/privacy
There is always debate about the nature of economic recovery and the shape of the growth path. What is already very clear is that there is little chance of returning to the way we were and there are many reasons for that. This means that all organisations will need to become new companies and rethink how they act.
Background<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzMxNzM1OC9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyNzYyODU0MH0.iBSmvoBeT45Hm_jJm3gfTJ0SGzXJ4YcEJVhtLIQAqZ4/img.jpg?width=980" id="63b63" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="0e2741fc5ff0067de73082315343aab3" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Business people meet to discuss a business partnership" /><p>Traditionally, companies have considered insourcing versus outsourcing functions for whatever reason. This can equally apply to a business operation, any services and technology products and has become a more complex question with the critical role that data now plays in driving businesses.</p><p>The result is that all organisations are supported by, and in many cases completely reliant on, a network of other companies.</p>
Assessment<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzMxNzM2OC9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyNDYzMTM0Nn0.gYL9GI3iOILC0XmtTHn-KbpoF0KRlLbm7APvX7IEXsU/img.jpg?width=980" id="14d0c" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="60d6469ed0bac1d8d348f57309134398" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Two business people discuss a possible partnership" /><p>So how do you assess the role of these organisations? Are you aware of all the offerings and what does the market landscape look like? Who works there and what is important to them? How do you justify expenditure and how does the relationship add value to your business?</p><p>What can you do to elevate the relationship from that of a commercial supplier to a business partnership?</p><p>Let's go through those questions.</p>
Listening<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzMxNzM4MC9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY0MzgyMTk0OH0.kwVkkOl13Bq3mwGGu28iBBZ1-vtli7AHbU7xd_S2TQQ/img.jpg?width=980" id="73673" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="c7030ef7c263f3a77ff4dc622da5567d" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Business partners talk during a meeting" /><p>Take the time to understand your partners' strategy and their product roadmap details. It can appear at face-value that the offerings you feel you are going to benefit from are a long way out. However, it is unlikely that you will be able to achieve the same results yourself and the risk is very high associated with this approach. Are there changes you can make to avoid costly customisations? By working together, there will be ways that you can align with the roadmap so that you are in a high state of readiness when the full-feature offering becomes available.</p><p>For example, financial services organisations are highly dependent on companies such as <a href="https://www.experian.com/decision-analytics/global-fraud-report" target="_blank">Experian for identity and fraud detection</a>. Rather than using their solutions as a box-ticking exercise, which can add to the administration workload, understand how these companies can help you streamline your client onboarding processes. Not only will you be strengthening your ability to meet regulatory commitments and simplifying your administrative functions, you will also improve customer experience and create a platform for future improvement and growth for the business.</p>
Co-Opetition<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzMxNzM5MS9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYwNTY2ODI0Nn0.euTyBYvYFTiXt3OS-yVkm_7klyc4cICH1fr127uuSRQ/img.jpg?width=980" id="fcba2" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="3acee2abf168a53681eb9760cc571fef" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Two business partners walk together" /><p>Now more than ever, organisations partner and compete with each other, particularly in the area of data solutions. Now could be a good time to consider proposing that companies that may tender for your business separately, partner with each other to provide what you need.</p><p>In insurance, companies such as <a href="https://risk.lexisnexis.co.uk/insurance?creative=338907349653&keyword=lexisnexis%20risk%20solutions&matchtype=e&network=g&device=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-_j1BRDkARIsAJcfmTEe5egZCw6WEFK3oHOrotEAYW15GFb1YY5yZ5a9bBvk8jLR4NGnhjQaAuHFEALw_wcB" target="_blank">LexisNexis Risk Solutions</a> partner and compete with organisations to help insurers to manage risks as well as support business improvements not limited to the areas of quoting and underwriting. Data can be obtained from many different sources so it's all about obtaining specific insights that enable you to grow your business profitably.</p>
Fantastic People<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzMxNzQwMi9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTU5OTM2ODAxNH0.6nTZbbJhbVBV3JC4BKk0QLuUkRUycfQnZtqqitGAp_I/img.jpg?width=980" id="cfd7a" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="2d6a05f0aebbc58fdca3a3a2055b9d5a" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Business people agree to become business partners" /><p>Your partner organisations are a great source of talent. They will be able to give you a new perspective on how to take your organisation forward. Consider expanding and growing your network within the partner organisation and making introductions with each other. They will be very interested in the challenges you face.</p><p>Even if your organisation is small compared to your partner behemoth, aim high in extending your network within the partners. This alone will have an impact far beyond the effort involved.</p>
Understand Your Role In The Sales Cycle<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzMxNzQxMC9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYzOTMyMDY2MH0.7oWzVxkG92jCaW9tKHWuJ1IhJFXVGssSt7qIxQKnRc8/img.jpg?width=980" id="daaaf" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="e2ba4066a7bdeee09612034e26e89d75" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Business partners talk during a meeting" /><p>Your partners will run their business using a sales management methodology such as <a href="https://www.millerheimangroup.com/" target="_blank">Miller Heiman</a>. It is vital that you understand your role in that process.</p><p>You can help the partner navigate through the landscape of your organisation. This leads to a level of predictability of future opportunities that is extremely valuable and will ultimately benefit both parties. It will also enable you to open up the partner relationship to the rest of the organisation with confidence.</p>
Business Cases<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzMxNzQzMy9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYwMDgwMzU2N30.NZiKXmrvUDPoosQtcWDRvjQFjXPaAyvrlmXFcIiuGwY/img.jpg?width=980" id="1b93f" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="b1e675837d391a61b446e7596af6b329" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Professionals discuss a business partnership" /><p>Business cases are often written in order to obtain approval for investment, leading to invitations to tender being sent to suppliers.</p><p>As you work with your partner on understanding their roadmap, develop a business case based on where you are now and your future plans. They may be able to assist with that. It gives the partner the chance to take their understanding of your business to the next level and can support you in selling the joint vision internally.</p>
Value Creation<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzMxNzQ0Mi9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYwNTY3MTg5Nn0.X6EWQcPFhFHiNIRTVX0GAJy3g6OiF_CnV7Be7VahElc/img.jpg?width=980" id="09a2a" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="5043b51e779a357fa62272379bcdc79f" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Business partners meet over a Zoom call" /><p>Try not to think of the expenditure of your company in purely budgetary terms. This can lead to transactional discussions about discounts and these negotiations can lead to a loss of goodwill.</p><p>Find out what is important to your partner. All organisations value references and success stories very highly and this can also provide great career development and personal growth opportunities for you and your team and add to a sense of enjoyment in the joint endeavour.</p>
Conclusion<video controls id="482c6" width="100%" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="0b18a8cdaa8d03d74a5f9583feac1643" expand="1" feedbacks="true" mime_type="video/mp4" shortcode_id="1594325062103" url="https://roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/runner%2F18641-How-To-Achieve-More-With-Less-Through-Business-Partnerships.mp4" videoControls="true"> <source src="https://roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/runner%2F18641-How-To-Achieve-More-With-Less-Through-Business-Partnerships.mp4" type="video/mp4"> Your browser does not support the video tag. </video><p>Partnerships of all kinds enable your organisation to be greater than the sum of its parts and there are many examples of organisations achieving great success together. Treating key organisations as a true business partner will give you the best chance of achieving profitable growth over the coming years, even in the most challenging environment, by thinking and executing strategically together.</p>
We have all been managing disruptive lives since COVID-19 came into the world. The data supports what everyone feels: the Consumer Confidence Index recorded an astounding drop of 31.9 points in April. Do you have a plan in place for your (potentially full-time) virtual salesforce? Are your current salespeople equipped with the skills to adapt to a post-COVID-19 world?
1. Root-Cause Analysis – Identify Barriers To Success In The Sales Process<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzI5MDIxMy9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYwMjkwMjI3Nn0.13ml44FybcafyrMfS8Von9L2uiQfHnEbL5UsaF4zx7s/img.jpg?width=980" id="9814a" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="7d3f13328039c326e591e9151da25e7d" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Sales leader does root-cause analysis" /><p>All leaders are aware of the top three to five objections their salespeople receive. Catalog this information in addition to the behaviors that set them back from achieving success. List the barriers your salespeople are incapable of overcoming, in as much detail as possible.</p><p>In step #3, we will use all of this detail to fuel your search for talent.</p>
2. Sales Leader Management Style Assessment<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzI5MDIzMS9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYwMzM2MjUxMn0.0da4Lz1hENxahPFfJsKGcUK_BM3Ly9tW3KNxI22-ynw/img.jpg?width=980" id="365ce" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="310bcca22e39afbbc9c1535f76d6842c" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Sales leader with an active style of management" /><p>We need a wide variety of personalities and management styles to succeed in business. Only you will know what works best for your own company. However, the main difference between an in-office work environment and a fully remote work environment is social interaction.</p><p>Many things are shared or observed in an office setting that cannot be replicated when you are working from home. All of the role plays, best practices, sales tips, and motivational conversations transition to very intentional communications. As a remote worker, your manager sets the tone for your culture, level of engagement, and social interaction.</p><p>Sales leaders with an active style of management and engaged with their team will be more successful than their counterparts. The <a href="https://www.adp.com/-/media/adp/resourcehub/pdf/focus%20on%20teams%20drives%20engagement%20in%20the%20workplace.pdf" target="_blank">ADP Research Institute</a> conducted a worldwide study involving 19,000 people. Their findings revealed employees were 12 times more likely to be engaged if they trusted their leader.</p>
3. Candidate – Targeting, Messaging, Sourcing, Interviewing<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzI5MDI4Mi9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyMjA1NTgxMX0.iiyl_ssm1dz4XJnYa3KiuvXmEAivbAqqRCt4csX6Dto/img.jpg?width=980" id="f7494" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="a0f6e1a43e21ffed9f10ff854c9cbab6" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Woman interviews a job candidate for a sales position" /><p>It's crucial to have a job posting that communicates the behavior of a top performer in your sales team. Work It Daily founder, J.T. O'Donnell, discusses the importance of stories in this clip <a href="https://youtu.be/J9VKu3JBt_E" target="_blank">"Why You NEED to Share Stories"</a> for employers not receiving the candidates they desire. Sharing "a day in the life" of a salesperson allows a candidate to envision themselves working in the role.</p><p>This storytelling is also effective in spreading the message of your corporate mission and values as well. If you are an organization lacking employer brand recognition, it is essential to craft your recruitment messaging thoughtfully.</p><p>In addition to asking your typical <a href="https://workitdaily.lpages.co/common-job-interview-questions/" target="_blank">common interview questions</a>, we will formulate specialized questions. These are likely the questions that will separate the top candidates from your average individuals. The questions will derive from the brief root-cause analysis you performed in Step #1. An example is provided below…</p><p><em><strong>Objection:</strong> </em><em>The prospect will not schedule a meeting with me, and only wants to know the price. I don't know what to say.</em></p><p><em><strong>Interview Question:</strong> </em><em>How do you handle situations when a prospect refuses to schedule a meeting with you, and just wants to know the schedule of pricing?</em></p>
4. Emotional Intelligence Assessment<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzI5MDI5Mi9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1NjU4NDE5OH0.t7RLeGVhRZ1_u-PF8huLmdLMu1ngdfRwGz2RNH-pB7g/img.jpg?width=980" id="6b488" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="6dc70b3ad8187e364b9f7a43a5d1756f" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Sales team takes an emotional intelligence assessment" /><p>Please throw out the PERSONALITY TESTS, once and for all. Everyone has a personality and your team should be diverse in order to relate to a wide variety of customers.</p><p>Personality inventories do not reveal groundbreaking information and are often misinterpreted. They can lead to bias in the workplace where common sense would have prevailed before. Do not find yourself in court as other companies have, including Target. Target Corporation agreed to pay $2.8 million, according to the <a href="https://www.eeoc.gov/newsroom/target-corporation-pay-28-million-resolve-eeoc-discrimination-finding" target="_blank">U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission</a>, due to their biased, pre-employment assessments.</p><p>Use something that identifies BEHAVIOR and competency that is relevant to sales, like high emotional intelligence testing. <a href="https://www.shrm.org/hr-today/news/all-things-work/pages/personality-assessments.aspx" target="_blank">The Society for Human Resources recommends Hogan Assessments</a>, which research shows to be unbiased.</p><p>The <a href="https://237jzd2nbeeb3ocdpdcjau97-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/EQ-EN.pdf" target="_blank">Hogan EQ Report</a> is accompanied by interview questions, which allow you to instantly validate the information gleaned in the assessment. Likewise, RocheMartin's <a href="https://www.masteryglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ECR-Selection-Sample.pdf" target="_blank">Emotional Capital Report</a> is similarly formatted, but I have found it contains deeper questions than Hogan's EQ.</p><p>I prefer RocheMartin's product because it provides a stronger tool for immediate feedback from the candidate. They are a leader in emotional intelligence testing outside of the U.S.</p><p>Overall, these are two assessment solutions that will empower your sales leadership, providing them a clear path to find someone talented.</p>
5. Onboarding – Culture, Goals, Expectations<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzI5MDIwMS9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY0MTIwNDc2Nn0.0UHEGe1eA4NeOJq6f9SRHILEdFf4uZCoEibFqcHXR8k/img.jpg?width=980" id="c8212" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="bb9deb86e097d9a3ebc33c535ec663e2" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Sales team onboards new employees" /><p>Each day, every one of us lives our lives feeling the impact of the public health events in our area. It will be necessary for you to adjust to the environment you have been provided. Countless research studies confirm that a culture of trust will lead to success.</p><p>It is increasingly important to focus your business values on People's Success. If you are not familiar with this management program, LinkedIn family company, Glint Inc. provides a great detailed guide for implementing this in your company, which I've provided: <a href="https://www.glintinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Glint_ebook_PS_191203.pdf" target="_blank">Glint's eBook on People Success</a></p><p>World-renowned career coach, J.T. O'Donnell, provides tips to motivate a virtual team in this video, <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3doHkV3mRg" target="_blank">"Keep Your Virtual Team Motivated."</a> Likewise, I find the most successful virtual leaders are engaged and consistently collaborating, in service to their team. Accountability is key, celebrating the wins and learning from the losses.</p>
Elements Of A COVID-19-Proof Sales Team<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMzI5MDI5Ni9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY0NDI0MjU1M30.0MECvRHK64CiXqp0hq73TP8_5YkIwyCEyzvGn8XBBdY/img.jpg?width=980" id="26a41" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="cce0aa9a127d07afd1028b7f2fc74458" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Sales team succeeding post-COVID-19" /><p>In a recent <a href="https://hbr.org/2020/05/lead-your-team-into-a-post-pandemic-world" target="_blank">Harvard Business Review article</a>, Hubert Joly observed, "...we need leaders who have great analytical and problem-solving minds, leaders who are great at making decisions based on facts. But we also need leaders who can demonstrate vulnerability and empathy. It's interesting to observe that many countries that seem to be going through this crisis the most effectively...combine a science-based approach with a more human touch."</p>
I grew up as a "latchkey" kid with both parents working. My routine involved walking home from school alone, letting myself into my house with my "key," and taking care of myself until my parents came home in the evening.
1. Provide Impactful Leadership<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMjg4NzczMy9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYwOTU2Nzc2MX0._JKmxiitwymuRkIiuQsivwISS7bRMCmIuyIOjJxpUfQ/img.jpg?width=980" id="bc62d" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="915eb377c97cdad30fdaa0bfdfb1345f" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Business leader drives change through chaos" /><p>Providing impactful leadership starts with being able to ruthlessly prioritize, drive meaningful collaboration, and empower others.</p><ul><li>Prioritizing is hugely challenging, but critical to gaining alignment and driving business results. Without it, businesses flounder. </li><li>To create a meaningful, collaborative environment, it's important to set clear goals and expectations, foster team cohesion, and celebrate the wins.</li><li>In building successful, engaging teams, it's critical to encourage and support the decision-making environment to give employees the tools and knowledge they need to make and act upon their own decisions.</li></ul><p>I recently worked for a cannabis company where there were the usual chaotic signs: lack of prioritization, no policies/procedures, lack of communication across the organization, and everything being an urgent request. The first thing I did was prioritize what our strategic initiatives were, aligning with both senior leadership and my team.</p><p><strong>Once priorities were aligned, the next step was ensuring team collaboration by giving them direction, setting clear expectations and providing them with the tools they needed to do their jobs in order to help drive quick wins.</strong></p><p>In the first six months on the job, as a team, we were able to drive significant change and business results. We launched new edible products (15 SKUs) supported with new packaging, a first-ever senior leadership approved marketing plan, $75K savings in excess inventory management, a new finance/marketing budget management system, and a significant presence at industry events.</p><p>Being able to effectively prioritize, collaborate, and <a href="https://www.workitdaily.com/how-to-empower-employees" target="_blank">empower employees</a> led to increased productivity and employee engagement. The bonus was being able to bring everyone and everything together to achieve those big wins which was hugely gratifying!</p>
2. Improve Business Processes<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMjg4NzczNS9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1ODUwMzkyMX0.lkuEZkODE6PYXlh6vXuLrqWDyvgs4uoDp00NiX1Eesc/img.jpg?width=980" id="2782e" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="c415c2df81b1c4a0110da050f69dda80" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Woman shows leadership through chaos" /><p>The second thing you can do to thrive through the chaos is to improve business processes by allocating team resources, implementing project and document management tools, and templatizing documents and assets.</p><ul><li>Allocate team resources to maximize the potential to drive increased productivity. It's important to understand the scope of the project/assignment. Make sure the right people are assigned to the right project. Lastly, ensure all resources have the needed support.</li><li>Leverage project and document management tools to create an organized approach for increased organizational collaboration and <a href="https://www.workitdaily.com/be-more-productive-at-work" target="_blank">improved productivity</a>.</li><li>Create templatized documents and assets which help teams by giving them the tools they need to do their jobs effectively and efficiently.</li></ul><p>At this cannabis company that I worked for, project management was going to be key in order to drive collaboration, communication, and transparency throughout the organization, which had been significantly lacking. I worked with my team to leverage Sharepoint (managing event logistics to new product launches) and developed quarterly reports & marketing templates (budgets, marketing plans).</p><p><strong>These types of business process solutions that were implemented improved employee morale through increased efficiency and productivity, while also driving bottom-line savings.</strong> Being part of a work environment where you can make a significant impact like this is tremendously rewarding.</p>
3. Develop A Strategy<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yMjg4NzczOC9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYzMjIwMjAxNX0.DIz5rkQpEuBIhUoNOE0eZit5s5owCvWYCnwlx07m8xY/img.jpg?width=980" id="777bf" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="07140627536925e791adc7dca9e895ee" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="Manager leads his team during chaotic times" /><p>As a leader, it is expected that you will develop a strategy to drive business objectives, aligning you and your team to the overall organization's vision. <strong>A strategy can provide a shared vision for the organization, especially when times are tough, providing a purpose for everyone to rally around.</strong></p><p>During my time at the cannabis company, I worked with my team to develop the first approved marketing strategy that was able to effectively execute against the brand's vision.</p>
How Executives Can Thrive In Chaos<span style="display:block;position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="503ef79ab6ec49cd7334778f4cd23169"><iframe lazy-loadable="true" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5kOZApMtyq8?rel=0" width="100%" height="auto" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></span><p>From my experiences of <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kOZApMtyq8" target="_blank">driving change through organizational chaos</a>, I realized I needed to be calm, focused, and prepared as I implemented my key strategies: providing impactful leadership, improving business processes, and developing a strategy. In today's noisy and chaotic world, leaders will need to be prepared to manage through the chaos in all its forms.</p>
Recently, a list of companies that have the happiest employees was circulated online. The companies were commended on their ability to promote a healthy work environment and sustaining work-life balance. Pfizer came out on top with Kaiser Permanente coming in second, followed by Texas Instruments. Looking at these lists, one wonders how these companies are able to promote such a positive productive environment for their employees.