“My goal is to finish the year better.”
Well, he has definitely accomplished that and has proven he is coming into his ‘peak performer’ persona. When asked what he thought were his greatest strengths, he said:
“I think the mentality, attitude on court was good for me. I am positive on court, and I fight all the time. Positive attitude is not only fight on court. I think I was able to listen to the coach and to have adjustments and to be ready to change things to be better and to improve. If we talk about the game, for sure for me I think the best thing I have is my intensity on court.”Here are five standards or benchmarks can we learn from the young champion Rafa about excellence:
- Being mentally and physically fit.
- Having and listening to mentors and coaches.
- Open to change to make things better.
- Daily focus, intensity and commitment.
- Personal and professional integrity.