By Andy Robinson As you move throughout your day today, remember that opportunities for growth and movement in new directions are always all around you. Because many of us are so "outcome-focused" and goal-driven, our minds are tuned more toward getting things done than staying open to receiving those seeds of opportunity that surround us. Staying attuned to new opportunities can be instrumental to our growth and development AND can be transformational if we let ourselves truly "listen" to the ideas that flow to us from others or that seemingly appear out of nowhere -- when we least expect them. Make a commitment TODAY to pause throughout the day and tune in to what is going on around you. Be alert for flags of opportunity that may appear as:
- A call or an email from someone who has been on your mind. Return the call; reply to the email; engage in a dialogue and stay alert for ideas that present themselves.
- A casual conversation with a "stranger" while you're standing in line at a local Starbucks. Is there a message for you in this conversation? Is there a new spin on an old idea that you could implement?
- A trade magazine article or blog article whose headline grabs your attention. Take the time to read the article and be alert for new ideas.
- A conversation you happen to overhear that contains a message or idea that resonates with you. Make mental note of the idea, then write it down on your "to do" list as something to consider later.
- A casual conversation with the person sitting next to you on the airplane. Maybe an idea surfaces that you can apply to your business.
- An invitation to speak at a local club or organization, something you very rarely do and almost never receive requests to do. Step out of your comfort zone; could be a latent opportunity that emerges through someone you meet at the function.
Text for Header Powered by LivePersonAndy Robinson is a Career Success Coach and Personal Branding Strategist - www.AndyRobinsonCoach.com. He's also the co-host of the weekly Career Success Radio Show - www.ExceptionalWisdomRadio.com. You can connect with Andy on Facebook - www.AndyOnFacebook.com and Twitter - www.AndyOnTwitter.com