Are You Relying on Outdated Career Advice? (Live Q&A)
On his blog, Seth Godin talked about outdated career advice. Advice geared towards getting a job in a Fortune 500 company. The same advice that’s been circulating for decades and geared toward the same companies responsible for a net loss of jobs over the last twenty years. The job market is changing. Not only are Fortune 500 companies no longer creating jobs, the standards they use to hire and to promote are no longer relevant in the current job market. LinkedIn Co-Founder Reid Hoffman and entrepreneur Ben Casnocha believe the key to thriving in this new market is to stop relying on outdated career advice and to start treating your career the same way entrepreneurs treat their young businesses. To succeed today, they believe you need to treat your career like a start-up.
The Start-Up of YouHoffman and Casnocha — authors of the #1 New York Times bestseller, The Start-Up of You — are hosting a live, hour-long Q&A where they will discuss how you can accelerate your career by employing the same business tactics entrepreneur’s use. And as a CAREEREALISM reader, your career questions will be given top priority!
About the Webinar
- What: Live Q&A with LinkedIn Co-Founder Reid Hoffman & entrepreneur/author Ben Casnocha to discuss career strategies in today’s market
- How: http://startupofyou.wufoo.com/forms/z7x3x5/ (registration link)
- When: Thursday, March 29 at 6:30 PM PST
- Taking intelligent and bold risks to accomplish something great
- Building a network of alliances to help with intelligence, resources and collective action
- Pivoting to a breakout opportunity