Career ADD Affliction #1
On my website, I list 11 Afflictions of Career ADD. Truth be told, told there are several more. However, these are the afflictions that quite naturally came up for me as I pondered my own ADD issues related to my career life. In my next few blog posts, I hope to describe in more detail how each one of these afflictions has impacted me and others I've worked with. In turn, you may relate to how each one has impacted you, more or less, and learn ways to decrease or manage them while moving closer to career happiness. The Number One Affliction listed is when... We are overwhelmed with the tasks in your job that you simply despise. So what does it look like and when do tasks become overwhelming for those of us with Career ADD? Here is what can happen:
- We make mistakes – big and small.
- We don't meet deadlines.
- We procrastinate over and over again.
- Our moods change when we have to do them.
- We snap at people.
- We are impatient.
- We are bored.
- We get physically uncomfortable.
- We make excuses why we aren't getting things done.
- We ultimately jeopardize our jobs.
- We dread going to work, and the things we enjoy doing in our jobs are overshadowed.