To quote Shakespeare, “All the world’s a stage…” When you go to an interview, you're networking your way into a company, or are even talking about your job search with acquaintances, you most certainly are on stage. Related: 2 Job Interviewing Secrets You Must Know Now! When interviewing, it behooves the job seeker to be prepared. Most people agree that dressing professionally and looking the part is a good idea. Most people totally understand that knowing where and when to show up is a good idea. However, so many resist the suggestion to rehearse what they are going to say. I can’t even tell you the number of times I’ve heard, “Oh, I interview really well, I don’t need to worry about practicing.” Oh, really? If you think you do, try answering these questions off the cuff:
- Pitch me in 10 seconds what you can do for me. Why should I hire you? Go.
- Describe yourself in seven words.
- What were your three biggest accomplishments at your last position?
- What are the measurable results from these accomplishments?
- Give me your 30 second elevator speech.