Question: What do you have in common with billionaires Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey? Answer: 24 hours in each day. As rich and powerful as they are, even Bill and Oprah only get the same 24 hours you get. The difference is what do you do with that time? They each employ effective assistants to help them make the most of their waking hours. If the days, weeks, and years are flying by with not enough to show for it, follow these tips:
1. Grab A NotepadStart writing your goals and dreams and action plan. The act of putting these things down on paper is the first step to making them happen. Examples: Short-Term Goals
- (1 month) – Go to the gym, visit my sick friend, make that doctor's appointment and actually go.
- (6 months) – Begin house-hunting, plan the birthday party, organize finances.
- (1 year) – Lose 20 lbs.
- (5 years) – Update your will.
- (10 years) – Buy a vacation home.