Career Success Formula: 9 Things Good Workers Believe
Are you looking for success? This career success formula can help you find it. Most people already know what will bring them on a path to career success. They just do not want to believe it as it means working hard, working with people, understanding corporate objectives, and dealing with challenges. However, there are some great things excellent workers do that make them valued by the company. To put yourself on a career success path, try doing the following:
1. Understand Your Company’s GoalsFirst, understand your company’s goals. Excellent workers know they are there to first help the company meets its objectives. Do what you are employed to do and more and you will find career success. This is an easy part of this career success formula.
2. Be ComposedBe professional and mature when being handed additional work. I am sure you have seen how some colleagues sulk, and complain when it comes to additional work. Even if you do not like it, be composed and mature about the situation. What needs to be done, needs to be done and professionally, too. Then you will see the path to your career success open.
3. Contribute PositivelyDo more than talk. Plans only work when someone makes it work. Get your hands dirty and contribute. Take the initiative to do things that you feel should be done without being told.
4. Give Constructive FeedbackExcellent workers know how to craft their own career success formula. They know that constructive feedback is needed for the company to meet its goals. Also, they engage in constructive feedback to their supervisors and company. Finally, they do not engage in gossip and worthless chatter.
5. Stop Worthless ChatterThe less you engage in gossiping, complaining, and carrying tales the better. These things have a funny way of finding its way back to you. Why risk all your positive contribution just because you cannot hold your tongue?
6. Know Their CraftKnow your craft. Meaning know your work and what you are employed to do and your role in the company. How can you contribute positively when you do not know what you are supposed to do? What is your role in the grander scheme of things within the company? Understand your work and its intricacies. These can be learned on the job and through interaction with colleagues who has more experience. Which brings me to the next point – cooperate.
7. Cooperate And RespectWork with the others and play for the team. While it is important to let your contribution be known, it is also important to make your unit look good. Earn their respect and gain their trust, when you do that people will let you in on the secrets they learned the hard way. More experienced workers will tell you the finer points on getting work done. When you help others you are helping yourself.
8. Have A 'Can Do' AttitudeBe there to provide a solution and not be part of the problem. Always have a “can do” attitude. Remember, there is a solution to all challenges. The one who is willing to take on this challenge will be the one that is on the way to career success.
9. Create Good Work EnvironmentLastly, excellent workers believe they can contribute to making their work environment better. They take personal responsibility on what they can do instead of what is not being done to make things better. Also, they know collective attitude and behavior is what determines the work environment and they begin with themselves. In conclusion outstanding workers believe and do all these nine things consistently. These habits ensure they have that secret career success formula some people choose to ignore.
- Motivational Monday: 21 Inspirational Career Quotes
- How To Stay Motivated At Work
- 4 Wise Thoughts To Keep You Motivated At Work