Many people attend graduate school because they want to further their career and make more money. However, not every graduate school has the best return on investment. The good news is that there are several graduate degrees that pay off in the long run. Below are some of the graduate degree programs that are still worth it:
1. Medical DegreeMedicine has always been one of the most lucrative professions. The average physician in America makes $188,000 per year. Orthopedic surgeons can make over $485,000 per year. The average cost of attending a public medical school in America is around $23,000 per year. The average cost of attending a private medical school is around $42,000 per year. Most physicians graduate from medical school with about $126,000 worth of debt.
2. Master Of Public HealthThe health care industry is expanding, which is fueling the demand for public health professionals. The vast majority of companies require that a person have a master’s degree in public health before working in this profession. Public health administrators can potentially make over $90,000 per year. People who attend a public school can expect to spend at least $18,000 per year on their education. Those who attend a private school can expect to spend at least$36,000 per year. The average student loan debt for a person with a master’s degree in public health is $34,824.
3. Doctor Of PharmacyPharmacists are required to have a doctorate degree before they can legally practice. The number of pharmacist jobs is expected to grow by 20 percent within the next decade. The average student loan debt for a pharmacist is around $66,000. However, pharmacists can make over $100,000 per year.
4. Master Of Business AdministrationIf you have contemplating about whether business is the right avenue for you. A Denver MBA is going to be worth the investment. More and more employers are requiring interested candidates to possess a MBA, so you will have an advantage over your competitors. You will also have the opportunity to earn over $85,000 per year. The average person with a MBA graduates with approximately $35,000 worth of debt. The rising cost of attending graduate school has a lot of people contemplating whether furthering their education would really be worth it. However, there are a number of advanced degrees that are worth the time and money invested. A master of public health, medical degree, doctor of pharmacy and master of business administration are just a few of the many great graduate degree programs. Enjoy this article? You've got time for another! Check out these related articles:
- 4 Ways To Choose A Degree Program
- Not All Online Degrees Are Created Equal
- Certifications Or Two-Year Degrees: Which To Pick