How To Succeed In Life: Channel Your Obsession
NOTE: This is a book excerpt with minor edits from Doing The Impossible: 25 Laws For Doing The Impossible by Patrick Bet-David.
How To Succeed In LifeEvery one of us has a bit of an obsessive personality. Don’t believe me? Ask yourself if you’ve ever done any of the following or something similar:
- If you have kids, do you notice that you are constantly thinking about them throughout the day, no matter what you are doing?
- Do you ever catch yourself watching ESPN Sports Center over and over again knowing it’s the same highlights coming up?
- Do you check for new e-mail on your phone every five minutes, even when you are on vacation?
- Do you have thirty pairs of shoes but you’re still excited about shopping for the next pair?
- Do you constantly think about what you can do to make your car faster?
- Are you a person who checks your Facebook or Twitter ten times a day for updates?
- Do you stay up until 1:00 am to beat the last level of your favorite video game?
- Howard Hughes
- Donald Trump
- Cameron Diaz
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Michael Jackson
- Harrison Ford
- Howard Stern
- Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Albert Einstein
- David Beckham
- Sir Winston Churchill
- Martin Scorsese
ADD / ADHD
- Justin Timberlake
- Will Smith
- Glenn Beck
- Michael Phelps
- Jim Carrey
- Sir Richard Branson (Founder of Virgin Airlines)
- Terry Bradshaw
- Paul Orfalea (Founder of Kinko’s)
- Pete Rose
- David Neeleman (Founder of JetBlue)
- Bruce Jenner