With 4 million millennials entering the workforce every year and only 15 seconds of “resume fame,” recent college graduates have to invest the time to develop a captivating resume. Whether you have little to no work experience or have so much experience and community service you are pushing three pages, this webinar is just for you!
Resumes should tell your story as an aspiring professional and demonstrate your ability to do the job. Resumes are often used to simply summarize work-related experience. Instead, your professional marketing documents should highlight what you CAN DO based off of your experiences and not simply a quick, bulleted list tasks and responsibilities with little connection to the desired position. Employers are calling candidates who have a resume that effectively articulates their skills and value they can bring to a company.
During this engaging webinar, Gala will share with participants how to construct resumes so sharp that they will cut the stack of applications down to size causing you to stand out as a top candidate. Her webinar will cover:
- Major components every recent graduate should have in their resume
- Why you should eliminate the objective statement and lead with a powerful profile summary
- How to Include key words and phrases in your resume that increase your hits with the applicant tracking system (ATS) used by many companies
- Strategies to make sure each bullet point in your resume commands the reader’s attention
- Common resume mistakes made by new alumni
- If it is actually necessary to create a customized resume for each position of interest