Are You a 'Nobody' at Work?
Ever wonder why the people around you are getting promoted and you aren’t? Do you have a strange feeling management doesn't like or respect you? Concerned you aren’t seen as an asset to the organization? Test yourself! Ask yourself the following to see if you are at risk of being a nobody to your boss:
[This article has been updated since it was originally posted on March 23] J.T. O’Donnell is the founder of CAREEREALISM.com and CEO of CareerHMO.com, a web-based career development company. Photo credit: Shutterstock
- Do you ever find out after the fact about a meeting that took place where a decision that directly affects your work was made without you being able to provide input?
- Does your boss regularly tell you “Thanks, but no thanks” when you offer your help or a suggestion to improve something?
- Do you think your boss has "favorites" in the office and there is no sense in trying to become one of them?
- Have you ever had an element of your job taken away from you and given to someone else because your boss felt they were “better equipped” to handle it?
- How to determine if you're invisible to management.
- How to figure out what you can do to get the attention you want.
|GET E-MAIL UPDATES ABOUT 'CAREER REALITY TV'|