How do we turn all the Tweeters, Facebookers, LinkedIners into actionable tangible relationships? I use TweetDeck as a social application that helps me organize and monitor my social platform activity. Sometimes I watch my Twitter friend stream pulse by and I'm astounded with the activity per 15 seconds! Somehow we have to find a way to leverage all this activity into tangible results be it a referral, customer, inquiry. Firstly, I use the search tool features on most of the social platforms to find the people who are most likely to be interested in me and what I do. These can be people directly in the industries and content I cover, plus other layers of possible synergy. Then I time block into my schedule time for prospecting and qualifying potential connections. Not everyone is going to be willing and mutual. You really have to "vet" your connections and spend some time interacting to see how you communicate together virtually. Here are six ways you can get more personal with people in the digital world:
- Comment on or re-post something I find interesting and has value to my followers and platforms.
- Invite certain people to guest on my weekly Blog Talk Radio show podcast.
- Pick at least 3-5 people weekly to set up phone, Skype or in-person meetings.
- Invite experts to guest write on my blog.
- Collaborate on webinars, teleconference calls and live workshops and seminars.
- Include or feature a post, book, website or blog into my newsletters and e-mail marketing.