Do you feel like your life is a constant rush of activity? Many people nowadays feel worn out. It’s not simply that there’s too much to do. It’s the fact we have too many different types of things to do. This inability to concentrate on one thing at a time means we lose our sense of focus and that calming sense of completion. Related: 4 Ways To Balance Your Job Search It’s not helped by technology. Are you guilty of frittering away excessive amounts of time on social media and of dealing with work emails at home on a regular basis? All this activity is exhausting. It’s easy to forget that energy is a precious and limited resource. Energy exhaustion manifests itself in different ways. Do you recognize any of these signs in yourself?
- Feeling overwhelmed by the simplest of requests.
- A tendency to overreact to constructive criticism.
- Constantly feeling exhausted even though you’re getting enough sleep.
- Regularly becoming irritable and impatient with yourself and everyone else.
- Lacking focus and losing the ability to come up with new ideas.