Ever feel like the hiring managers at your company don’t respect what you do? Are you finding it hard to get candidates through your process because hiring managers aren’t making hiring a priority? Do your hiring managers act like you have a “candidate tree” in the backyard you can just pick from as needed? You are not alone. Recruiters often fail to get the trust and respect they need from the hiring managers they serve. In fact, many hiring managers don’t understand or appreciate what it takes to find top talent to fill their positions.
Consider this: do your hiring managers ever do or say the following?
- They think rescheduling interviews is easy to do.
- They never get back to you with feedback about a candidate.
- They expect you to give them 15-20 qualified candidates for every position.
- When you ask them which candidates they want you to phone screen, they say “all of them.”
- They think finding a replacement is as easy as posting a job on the internet.
- They believe candidates should be grateful for the opportunity to interview with them.