2 Things Maslow Validates About Achieving Career Success
Lately, I’ve found myself referring to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs chart a lot when talking to members inside CareerHMO. He included it in his 1946 paper called, “A Theory of Human Motivation.” It truly helps members visualize where they are right now in terms of career satisfaction and what it’s going to take to achieve the career success they see all around them, but can’t seem to get for themselves. Take a look... What I love about this pyramid is it validates two things:
- It is human nature to want satisfying work – it’s the only way we reach self-actualization.
- We can’t reach the top of the pyramid if we don’t keep our fear in check.
- What have you done today to move yourself towards the top of Maslow’s pyramid?
- How do you keep your mind on moving up, instead of worrying about sliding down?
- And most importantly, what resources do you seek out to help you when you don’t have the mindset or motivation to do either?