4 C's To Career Success
July 30, 2013
Creating the life and career success you want and deserve is simple common sense. It’s not hard, but you need to do it right. First, focus on the four C's of success: clarity, commitment, confidence, and competence.
1. Clarify The Purpose And Direction For Your Life And Career
- Create clarity by figuring out what success means to you personally.
- Create clarity by creating a vivid mental image of yourself as a success.
- Create clarity by determining your personal values.
2. Commit To Taking Personal Responsibility For Your Life And Career
- Take personal responsibility for your life and career success.
- Take personal responsibility by setting and achieving high goals.
- Take personal responsibility by choosing to react positively to the people and events in your life; especially the negative ones.
3. Build Unshakeable Self-Confidence
- Build your confidence by choosing to be optimistic.
- Build your confidence by facing your fears and acting.
- Build your confidence by surrounding yourself with positive people.
- Build your confidence by finding a mentor to help you create your success.
- Build your confidence by sharing your knowledge and wisdom through mentoring others. Get competent: create positive personal impact, become an outstanding performer, become a dynamic communicator, build strong relationships.
4. Positive Personal Impact
- Create positive personal impact by creating and nurturing your unique personal brand.
- Create positive personal impact by being impeccable in your presentation of self; in person and on line.
- Create positive personal impact by knowing the following basic rules of business etiquette.
- Become an outstanding performer by keeping your skills up to date by becoming a lifelong learner.
- Become an outstanding performer by learning to manage your time and life.
- Become an outstanding performer by living a healthy life style.
- Become a dynamic communicator by demonstrating strong conversation skills.
- Become a dynamic communicator by writing clearly and succinctly.
- Become a dynamic communicator by mastering public speaking skills.
- Build relationships through self awareness. Use this knowledge to better understand others.
- Build relationships by paying it forward; give with no expectation of return.
- Build relationships by using conflict to strengthen, not weaken, relationships with the important people in your life.