It always astounds me that people in lead business positions today still don’t see one of their main jobs as "sales" focused. Sales - The moving of goods and services in exchange for value, the top line of the company report. Without sales there is NO company. Today more than ever we are all in sales when we directly interact with the public on any aspect of the product or service. YOU are the “new face of sales” regardless of what position you have with a company.
- The front line person who greets us at the door, answers the phone or our e-mails and directs us to the appropriate department.
- The customer service person who now has most times handles sales and service.
- The service department that manages people after the sale.
- The principles of the company that are the face of the company and speak directly to customers through networking, marketing and advertising.
- The accounting department that works with people on their bills and payments.