3 Tips For Being Your Best Self During The Summer
With the weather getting nicer, it's a great opportunity to focus on improving ourselves. Here are three easy tips to help you be your best self while it's warming up outside!
Our first tip for being your best self this summer is to hydrate. Whether you are drinking iced tea, plain water, infused water, or seltzer water, it's all about proper hydration!
With the warm weather, you're going to sweat more, and you're probably eating saltier foods and being more active. So, make sure you are hydrating. The rule of thumb is to take your weight and divide it by two and that is the number of ounces you should be drinking daily.
If you are working out regularly, you should be adding an extra 20 ounces to that amount.
2. Take Advantage Of Grounding
Grounding (or earthing) is our second tip for being your best self this summer. It's simply the act of walking barefoot on the ground and connecting to the earth in that way. We recommend walking on freshly cut grass or beach sand.
Being exposed to electricity, appliances, WiFi, and Bluetooth all day long affects the balance of ions in our body. So, being able to connect your feet to the ground helps neutralize it and bring it back to its natural electromagnetic state. All you have to do is take your shoes off and go outside. Just 5-10 minutes will do the trick!
3. Get Outside More
Our last tip is to get outside as much as possible. Sunlight, fresh air, nature—it's all so beneficial to the human body. So, the more you can do outside, the better.
Make sure to wear a natural sunscreen. You can check out EWG's Skin Deep database to see how toxic or non-toxic different sunscreens are. But getting outside, absorbing some vitamin D, and just being in nature will help clear our minds. If you can work outside on a patio or a deck, that's an extra bonus.
Those are our simple tips for being your best self during the summer. Try them today and see how much of a difference it makes!
Download her FREE at-home workout guide now!
Note: Individuals should always speak to their physician before making any significant dietary or lifestyle changes.
- 7 Ways To Trick Yourself Into Loving Mondays - Work It Daily ... ›
- 21 Inspirational Career Quotes For Professionals - Work It Daily ... ›
- 5 Steps To Present Your Best Self During An Interview - Work It Daily ... ›
- 5 Career Tips For College Students This Summer - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 6 Tips For Kick-Starting Your Career This Summer - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 5 Steps To Present Your Best Self During An Interview - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›