3 Ways Emotionally Intelligent Leaders Make The Most Of Online Collaboration
Being a successful leader today requires a much higher level of ‘people skills’ than ever before. Social media, online collaboration tools, and the age of transparency have made it vital leaders leverage a high level of emotional intelligence in order to be perceived as someone employees can trust and respect. Emotionally intelligent leaders share five qualities:
- Non-defensive and open in their communications.
- Aware of their emotions and how they affect their communication style.
- Sensitive to the emotions of their staff when communicating.
- Available to those that report to them.
- Able to put aside ego and encourage others to shine.