3 Reasons Executives Must Use Social Media
I recently spoke to a group of executives on the merits of leveraging social media for their careers. In the session, one executive (a former CFO) asked me, “Give me three good reasons why I should bother to invest time in this fad?” My answer was simple. Brand or BE branded. If you don’t use social media, nothing comes up about you in an Internet search. With five out of five executive recruiters searching on candidates before bringing them in for interviews, if you don’t have a social media presence you are telling recruiters one of the following:
- You aren't technology savvy – a.k.a. you are old school and outdated.
- You've done nothing notable – a.k.a. nobody thinks your work was worthy of posting publicly.
- You've got something to hide – a.k.a. you got fired from you last role and are in trouble.
Your Next StepI just finished a brand *new* training series that reveals EXACTLY how executives can earn respect online. If you’re an executive who needs to create or improve his or her digital brand, this FREE resource is a must-have. This powerful video series reveals:
- Best tip for executives seeking opportunities
- Bad habit all executives must break
- Ultimate technique for earning more executive respect