Does it feel like some days you can’t seem to catch a break, and you just want to throw your hands up in the air? Stop, close your eyes, take a d-e-e-p breath, and count to 10. There will be good and better days and having a positive attitude will help get you through those difficult times.
Whether you believe in fate or luck, I believe everything happens for a reason. When something bad happens, I may not understand why, but know that the universe will take care of me, and everything will be ok. Sometimes it’s a matter of being able to put things into perspective.
3 Ways To Maintain A Positive Attitude When You're Feeling Stressed
Here are three things you can do when you’re feeling stressed and overwhelmed:
1. Clear your head - take a walk around the block, play some music (and dance like nobody is watching), download a relaxation app like Calm, etc. Being able to take a time out and come back calmer will do wonders to energize your mindset.
2. Think of three (3) things you’re grateful for daily – your health, having a roof over your head, eating dinner together with your family, being able to pay it forward to someone who needed help, etc. There are others who probably had a worse day than you.
3. Talk to a friend who can give you a dose of optimism – get a perspective different than yours. That positivity can be contagious.
Life Is Like The Four Seasons
I was going through a tough time early in my career, and my mom told me that life was like the four seasons. When I was at my lowest (winter), it would get better (spring), and then I’ll hit a high (summer), which will eventually slow down (autumn). Although my mom has passed, I always remember her words of wisdom when I’m faced with that next winter.
Nothing lasts forever. I know that being determined and persistent will make me keep my eyes on the prize and that I’ll get through those tough times. You can too!
For more information on the power of a positive attitude, follow me on LinkedIn!
- 4 Ways To Manage Stress At Work - Work It Daily ›
- How To Deal With Getting A Bigger Workload After A Co-Worker Quits ›
- 6 Ways To Be Confident On Your First Day At A New Job - Work It ... ›
- How To Survive When Your Career Is (Literally) The Worst - Work It ... ›
- How To Manage Stress At Work - Work It Daily ›