Leaders, managers... how often have you asked a team member to do something and found that it didn't get done when you expected? Related:6 Important Traits Every Effective Manager Needs To Have Try this today... Tag ALL of your requests with a due date and time, particularly those that are time senstive and impact a due date or deadline that you have ownership date. Ask them:
- When can it be done - date and time?
- Is there anything else I have given you that you'll need to re-prioritize to get this new request done at that date and time?
- What will be the obstacles to getting it done by that date and time?
- How will you overcome those obstacles?
- Are you fully committed to your indicated date and time?
- If not, what date and time would you be fully committed to?