It seems like everyone writes about careers and the job market today. As a job seeker, the amount of online career advice available can be overwhelming. But what advice is the “right” advice? Who should you listen to? How will you distinguish bad advice from good advice? Consider the following when evaluating online career advice:
1. The WriterBefore completely re-doing your resume or switching your job search strategy, evaluate the following:
- Who is the person sharing this advice?
- Do they have expertise on the subject?
- Do they have experience (for example, as a professional resume writer or hiring manager) in the subject?
- Do they have examples or anecdotes within their advice?