Balancing Family And Work: 5 Mini Vacation Ideas
April 06, 2013
Balancing your family and work is very important. It can be easy to fall into the same old weekend routine with your family, especially if you have a high-stress career. In 2010, the travel agency Expedia conducted a survey on vacation time. As it turns out, 35% percent of Americans who took the survey felt more productive at work after coming back from a vacation, and 45% percent felt more in touch with their personal lives. So, turn off your work phone, hide the laptop, and take a little break with the family! Check out these fun mini vacation ideas that you and your whole family can enjoy!
1. Go On A Weekend Road TripTake your family exploring! Find an event you think your whole family would enjoy, pack your overnight bag, and get going!
2. Go FishingWhether you head to the seacoast or to a local pond, fishing is a great activity for the whole family. If you choose to fish locally, though, be sure to check and see if you need a fishing license! Even if fishing isn't your thing, you can still take the day and just relax on the water. It's as simple as renting a few kayaks.
3. Take Them On A PicnicPack some PBJs and take your family on a little picnic at a local park. This is a great way to get a little sunshine and fresh air after being in a stuffy office all week. Bring your Frisbee, kite, or puppy and let the fun begin!
4. Go CampingEnjoy the smells, sounds, and views of the great outdoors! Camping is a great way to escape work and bond with your family. So, grab your sleeping bags, pitch a tent, and make some mouth-watering s'mores around the campfire.
5. Try Something NewTry rock climbing, go to a rodeo, or check out a car show. Do something that you have never experienced before; it could turn out to be a family tradition!
Related PostsTime Management: 4 Keys To Avoiding Work-Related Stress5 Time Management Tips When Juggling Work And School5 Job Search Time Wasters To AvoidPhoto Credit: Shutterstock
From Your Site Articles