You’re smart, you’re driven, and you’re ready to take on the professional world. But how? Related: 4 Ways To Take Ownership Of Your Career Here’s a little secret: In order to get ahead, you need to think ahead - you need to plan ahead. What do you want to achieve? If you’re really serious about fast-tracking your career, you need to take the Core, Reach, Passion (CRP) approach. You can’t just ‘do your job,’ you need to OWN your career. But what kinds of things can you do as part of your CRP approach? Here are three easy ways to fast-track your career:
1. Learn from the rock stars.Who is the rock star employee at your company? Why are they so great? Get to know them and learn from them. Everyone needs role models - if you’re lucky enough to have a role model at work, learn all you can from him or her!
2. Take full advantage of your opportunities.What opportunities do you have available to you at work? How can you make the most of them? Expand your skills by volunteering for special projects or enhance your professional network by building relationships clients. Think about what’s available to you and figure out how you can use it to your professional advantage.
3. Do at least one extracurricular.Developing your career isn’t just limited to office activities. It’s important to do at least one extracurricular to help you expand your network and hone your skills. Here are a few ideas:
- Attend local networking events regularly.
- Become someone’s official mentor.
- Join a public speaking club like Toastmasters.
- Volunteer for a cause that’s close to your heart.