Are you ready to return to work? Job seekers with a work injury need career guidance to address issues only they experience due to their unique situation. I recently asked the injured workers I am currently assisting to complete a brief survey about their job search concerns. They were asked to list three answers for each question. Of special note, one of my clients wrote, "I feel there should be a website for mature adults who have worked all their lives. Give us a chance." Very moving... there was no way I could turn my back on this request.
Here is what I asked my current clients:
- What do you miss about working?
- What are some of your biggest job search obstacles?
- As far as job search fears, which are your biggest?
- Being out in public and seeing people
- Filling up my day with different activities
- Earning money, having freedom and independence
- Having something to look forward to
- Doing something I'm good at
- Use of my injured body part
- Memory and concentration
- Lack of skills
- Finding a job in a new field or industry
- Not being able to do the job
- Not being able to make enough money
- Not being hired
- Learning new skills