8 Simple Interview Questions To Ask Hiring Managers
May 11, 2015
When you go on an interview, you’re going to get to the “Do you have any questions?” question. You might not know it, but this is actually one of the most important interview questions.Related: 6 Questions You MUST Be Prepared To Answer During Interviews This is a big opportunity for you to not only stand out to an employer, but also to dig deeper to see if this position is really a good fit for you. You may be tempted to say something like, “Nah, I think I’m good!” Or, even worse, you might want to inquire about salary, benefits, and/or vacation time. Don't! Questions about these things will look very self-centered to an employer, and you should not bring them up during the first interview. So, what should you ask about? There’s a strategy that you should be using when you have this opportunity to ask questions. Here are four goals you need to have in mind:
- Connect with the employer/interviewer
- Learn about the company culture
- Understand the company challenges
- Close the conversation
Questions For Connecting
- How did you come to work here?
- What do you love most about working here?
Questions About Company Culture
- Who has been the most successful person to work here and why?
- Who has been the most UNsuccessful person to work here and why?
Questions About Company Challenges
- What’s the biggest challenge the company will face this year?
- What will I be able to do to measurably make a difference this year?
Questions For Closing The Conversation
- Is there anything about my background or experience that you would change to make me a better fit for this role? (With a smile)
- What are the next steps in the process?
Related PostsHow To Answer 7 Of The Most Common Interview QuestionsHow To Handle Tough Interview QuestionsTop 3 Interview Questions You Should Ask Photo Credit: Shutterstock
From Your Site Articles
- How To Find A Hiring Manager's Name - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 5 Important Questions To Ask At A Job Interview - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 5 Important Questions To Ask At The End Of A Job Interview - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 7 Essential Questions To Ask In A Job Interview - Work It Daily ›
- 5 Key Things To Ask In Your Next Job Interview - Work It Daily ›