When was the last time you really had “you” time? An year ago? Five? Are you apart of the horse race that never stops, even when the horses are panting wildly? Have you forgotten how you really were back in college or school? You see, one thing is for sure: even if your life is super mechanical, you can never be a robot. You're bored to death, but you work 40+ hours a week, have a completely crammed schedule, don't get enough sleep, and talk about career advancement? Get a life! You need to bring some revolution to this monotony. If you have chosen some career you intend to pursue for your entire life, make sure you do not end up being ‘stagnant water.' It is important that you insert some growth injections into your career so you have equal opportunity of enjoying work to the fullest. Here are five tips for getting the most out of your life and career:
1. Stand For YourselfMost of the time, we act up like machines, merely following the commands given to us. Not even reacting to the conflicts that arise in our minds as a result of those instructions. The reason is a 'clogged brain.' One shall always adhere to his own ideologies. If you think it is right, the rest will have to listen to you. Muster up the courage to stand up for yourself, share your ideas, and present your own understandings.
2. Help OutNow, why is that important? If you really think your friends and colleagues need your help, why not give it? This will elevate your good will, and they will start giving you some seniority respect even if you are at levels with them in terms of designation. This volunteering will get you some really nice implied authority, trust me.
3. Change Your PerspectiveIf you feel like your workplace is just a murky dungeon, change your perspective! Start poking your nose in all the upcoming parties and events that the organization plans to conduct. If it’s some late night party, ring the bells and be the disco diva.
4. Look For New OpportunitiesOpportunities will not come to you on a platter. You will have to wear the ‘lucrative contact’ glasses to see for such opportunities. Befriend people you believe can give you great options for career growth and be available to help them when needed.
5. Get A Life For YourselfA healthy body has a healthy mind. Give yourself a break. Please have some fun, life is not a liability! It’s your asset, cherish it! Do anything on weekends to charge your souls, refresh your brains and energize your body. Enjoy this article? You've got time for another! Check out these related articles:
- Want Career Happiness? Identify Your Top 5 Desires
- 7 Ways Women Can Achieve Happiness & Satisfaction In Their Careers
- In Pursuit Of Happiness: Love What You Do