Mid-Year Review: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Today
July 03, 2013
As we enter the second half of the year, it's a great time to set aside an hour or so - on a weekend or during your normal weekly planning time - and do a mid-year review. Use this time to reflect back on the first six months of the year and make adjustments to your goals for the remainder of the year. Consider these10 questions to ask during your mid-year review:
- Key Accomplishments. What are all of the great things that I got done over the past six months? What goals did I achieve? What things am I most proud of accomplishing? Which of my goals did I really miss the mark on?
- Relationship Development. What new relationships did I develop? Which of my existing relationships did a significantly strengthen? Which relationships may I have overlooked or not given enough attention to?
- Learning. What opportunities to learn new things did I take advantage of? What were the things I learned most about myself? What were the things that I learned most about my business?
- Mistakes. What mistakes did I make? What mistakes could I have avoided? What mistakes provided me with the most significant development and learning opportunities?
- Time Management. How well did I manage my time? Have I been focusing my time on the most important things in my life? Are there any significant "time wasters" that I need to reduce or eliminate from my life? When am I most productive? When am I least productive?
- Top 3 Work-Related Goals. What are my top three work-related goals for the remainder of the year? Why are those goals important to me? What habits and processes do I need to adopt to support those goals?
- Top 3 Personal Goals. What are my top three personal goals for the remainder of the year? Why are those goals important to me? Who can I share those goals with to help hold me accountable to achieving them?
- Relationship Development. Which relationships will I focus on strengthening and developing during the second half of the year? Who do I want to meet and get to know? Who can most help me achieve my work-related and personal goals?
- Learning and Knowledge. What areas of learning do I most need to focus on? What new skills do I need to develop? What skills do I need to strengthen? What things do I need to "keep current" on? What one skill, if mastered, would have the greatest impact on the achievement of my goals?
- Habits. What time management habits do I need to develop and strengthen? What three habits, if developed and sustained, would have the greatest positive impact on my work life and personal life? What habits do I know I need to drop or replace?