Are you interested in writing for a strictly digital platform, while creating content that could make a big difference in people's lives? If the answer is yes, then Work It Daily has a great opportunity for you!
We're seeking 10 multimedia journalism interns for a 4 ½ week virtual internship (May 27 2020 - June 26 2020). The lucky 10 will help us create compelling content for our career advice blog, while also helping us with graphics and social posts.
Does this pique your interest? Great! Let's get down to business!
Who Are We?
Work It Daily is a subscription-based online career coaching membership program. Professionals and executives ages 22 to 55+ use the site to get help with all aspects of their job search and career development. Members have access to 15+ online courses and 200+ hours of video tutorials on a wide range of career topics.
Additionally, members get to work privately with our career support specialists via an online support desk to get their specific questions and concerns answered so they can stay motivated and on track. Our mantra is: "Career coaching isn't a sign of weakness, it's a path to greatness!"
Our mission is to drop the financial and physical barriers to accessing good career advice from proven experts. Work It Daily offers professionals and executives an affordable way to get the mentoring and support needed to solve their career problems.
Not to mention, as a fully virtual platform, we are the ideal resource to use during the time of social distancing.
What Will You Do?
Multimedia journalism interns will work 10 hours/week writing articles for Work It Daily's free career advice blog. Interns will work in teams of two and will be responsible for coming up with the topic ideas. The teams of two will be in charge of the social promotion for their article. This includes coming up with thumbnail and social graphic ideas. They will also learn how to optimize their content for search engines (SEO).
- Must have a minimum of three years of college at an accredited school, majoring in journalism or a related communications field.
- Have a passion for helping people. Work It Daily's mission is to not only help people get jobs, but give them the tools they need to grow their careers and excel.
- An interest to learn more about digital marketing and search engine optimization.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Can work efficiently outside of the typical office setting.
- Works well independently, but can also take direction and feedback.
- Must have experience with G-Suite platform (Google Docs, GChat, etc.).
- Must be a proactive team member who consistently presents new ideas.
- $10 an hour.
- This internship is entirely remote! Work from home or from your favorite outdoor area.
- Free 30-day access to Work It Daily's robust coaching platform. Not only will you get important on-the-job experience, but you'll also have access to critical information that can help you with your own career planning and job search.
How To Apply
Those interested in the internship should send their resume and a disruptive cover letter to email@example.com NOTE: watch our Youtube tutorial above on the disruptive cover letter technique to guide you!