Everyone loves a good vacation, especially during the holidays. But if you don't do it right, preparing for your vacation from work can be stressful - and coming back to endless emails and piles of work can be even worse. Related: How To End Your Week On A Positive Note Before you head out for the holidays, it's important to make sure you're all set at work. This is a busy time of year, and you don't want to fall behind if you're going to be out for a few days. Here are some tips for getting your pre-holiday hustle on:
1. Make a list (and check it twice).Map out your week(s) building up to your holiday vacation. What do you HAVE to get done before the holidays hit? What do you HAVE to do immediately following the holidays? Make a list (and check it twice!).
2. Prioritize.After you’ve made your to-do list for pre- and post-holiday responsibilities, prioritize them. What holds more importance? What can wait? What do you feel should be taken care of before you leave so when you come back you’re not swamped?
3. Create specific, actionable goals.Make sure everything in your to-do list is an actionable goal. For example, instead of writing:
- Good Inc. proposal
- Follow ups with clients
- Write complete first draft of Good Inc. proposal
- Follow up with [client #1] and [client #2] regarding product changes