6 Tips For Staying Healthy With A Desk Job
Millions of Americans struggle working at desk jobs, jeopardizing their health. Sitting down all day long can be a pain - literally. Related: 5 Quick Tips For Working In Walking At Work Here are six tips for staying healthy with a desk job:
1. Focus On Proper Sight LinesMaintaining proper sight lines means keeping your eyes at screen level so that your neck does not have to contort. Adjust your monitor and chair to put your neck and head in a comfortable position.
2. The Ergonomics Of Hand And Wrist PlacementStaying ergonomically pure with your hands and wrists prevents serious joint and ligament injuries. Consider a cushioned wrist mouse pad to keep your mouse hand comfortable. Pads are also available for keyboards while ergonomic keyboards enable hand placement that seems more natural.
3. Maintain Proper PostureProper posture is probably the most important tactic in staying healthy with a desk job. Good posture is essential to overall health in general. Keep your back straight and your feet on the ground. If you are experiencing any back pain, you’ll need to consider an ergonomically fit chair. Chairs for back pain enable positive posture and help to restore the back and spine to a more natural state.
4. Look AwayIt sounds simple but looking away from the screen periodically will benefit your eye sight. Constant monitor viewing strains our eyes - we need a break from time to time. Take fifteen or thirty seconds every five to ten minutes to ensure that your eyes remain strong.
5. Get Up And Walk AroundResearch is coming out that demonstrates the benefits of leaving your desk at periodic intervals to stretch and walk around. Grab some coffee; visit the bathroom; check in with your boss; take a five minute walk. A five minute stretch and walk every hour or two will do wonders for your body. A few minutes away stretches your muscles and reorients your skeletal system. You’ll also be refreshed by the time away and able to focus anew on your tasks.
6. Exercise RegularlyOf course, proper diet and rest and regular exercise remain essential ingredients to any healthy lifestyle. You’ll find that strong exercise 3-4 times per week will keep you energized at your desk and able to endure through the day. On days off be sure to stretch to stay limber. You’ll notice a big difference. These six tips are simple ways to stay healthy while working a desk job. Try them and you’ll feel great. This post was originally published at an earlier date.
Related Posts5 Tips For Maintaining Eye Health At Work 5 Healthy Habits That Help You Sleep 3 Healthy Eating Habits That Will Help Boost Your Productivity Photo Credit: Shutterstock
From Your Site Articles