It's Time To Take Responsibility For Your Career
The following post is an excerpt from What the Hell Is Going On in My Life? – Using Your Birthdate to Find Answers About Relationships, Career, Money, Sex & Health by Larry Schwimmer. During Saturn’s transit, you are accountable for whatever career, status, and reputation you’ve built. You’re ready to harvest the rewards for all your hard work and efforts to attain your goal. Now is the time when your diligence and preparation pay off and you achieve excellent results; or whatever results you deserve. Do you remember those long hours and months of working overtime, not seeing much of your kids, and your spouse giving you the “evil eye” as you rolled in after 8 p.m. each night? Or, do you remember those weeks or months when you found a way to take leisurely lunches, leave work early, and do only what was required? This is when “the chickens come home to roost.” Be aware that, if you haven’t worked in good faith or improperly prepared yourself, you may encounter great difficulties now. In fact, old astrologers had a saying: “Saturn in the 10th is a time of a rise or fall.” In other words, during this period of your life, you’ll receive cosmic payback for the good and bad deeds you’ve done. No one is perfect, so most of us experience elements of both the positive and negative in our own personal career harvest. Don’t forget that one of Saturn’s lessons and benefits is re-evaluating your actions so you can let go of unproductive ways in favor of more beneficial behaviors that will improve you. That means, for example, if you’ve been a slacker at work, taking long lunches, leaving early, and doing the minimum required, you have the opportunity to re-dedicate yourself toward doing a more conscientious job. Now is when you can discover what work you’re really committed to doing in your life. Saturn’s energies help you in this regard, because you will receive feedback from the outer world, be it the public or your employer, about your job performance. The response you get will help you realistically evaluate your career accomplishments to see if you’re doing the work you’re meant to do. During this time, if you’ve had any illusions about your talents and abilities, you’ll receive some sort of objective evaluation you can use to decide whether to continue in your career or job (or consider a new one). Consider these assessments:
- “Based on your poor work habits and lackadaisical attitude, you’ll be on probation for the next three months.”
- “You’re lack of patience makes it clear why you haven’t been an effective teacher.”
- “I’m not confident you know how to lead others, therefore, I can’t recommend you for promotion.”
- “Because of your creative culinary skills we’d like you to be our new chef.”
- “Based on your dedicated efforts to help our department make the sales forecast, I’m approving you for a 20 percent raise.”
- “With your superior grammar and writing skills you’ll make an excellent editor.”
- “Because of your leadership skills and ability to motivate others, I’m recommending you for promotion.”
Watch This WebinarDid you ever wish you had your own personal advisor who could help you understand the surprising, confusing, and challenging events happening in your career? Did you ever wish you had a career life coach that could provide you with the positive timing to know when to apply for a job, win a promotion or start a successful business? This webinar will provide you with answers to questions such as:
- When is the best time find a great job?
- When will I get the promotion I want?
- When should I start (or expand) my new business?
- When am I likely to have problems or conflicts with bosses and co-workers?
- What should I do if I’m in the wrong job or career?
- When is the best time to change a job or career?
- What can I do to overcome career obstacles?