The #1 Thing You Should NEVER Do On A Monday
January 13, 2014
Let’s be real: you hate Mondays. Your Inbox is overflowing, your voicemail is full, and you’re drinking your body weight in coffee just to survive. Why would it be any different for a recruiter, employer, or connection? Here's the #1 thing you should NEVER do on a Monday...
Rule #1: Don’t Ask For Anything On MondaysDon’t ask people to do things for you on Mondays.
- Don’t call and follow up on a job.
- Don’t call and check the status of your application.
- Don’t call about positions.
- Don’t try to hard-sell yourself or your business to anyone.
Rule #2: Give On Mondays, Don’t ReceiveInstead of asking for things on Mondays, give things. Here are some productive things you can do on a Monday without being a burden to your contacts:
- Share an article with a connection
- Endorse a connection
- Recommend a connection
- Plan your networking efforts for the week
- Research companies
- Research individuals
Related ArticlesTop 10 People You Must Have In Your Network To Find A Job3 Reasons Networking Is A Job Search Priority4 Essentials For Networking With Strangers On LinkedInPhoto Credit: Shutterstock
From Your Site Articles