5 Weird Ways To Improve Your Work Performance
Feel like you need a little boost at work? Here are five weird ways to improve your work performance:
1. Looking At KittensPuppies really do make everything better! According to this article in Business Insider, looking at cute pictures of baby animals can actually make you work harder. (Now you have an excuse for being on Pinterest at work!)
2. Wearing LipstickNeed a little confidence boost for that presentation? Smear on your favorite shade of lipstick! According to a L'Oréal survey, 75% of women believe lipstick makes them more confident. So, always be sure to have a tube of lip color in your bag for those days when you need a dash of confidence!
3. Watching SNLStressed out at work? Take a time out and watch a funny clip of your favorite comedy! Not only does laughter reduce stress levels, but it increases your productivity. Therefore, you should take a few minutes to watch Celebrity Jeopardy (we won't tell!).
4. Drinking CoffeeWait, what? This isn't groundbreaking news! Coffee helps millions of people get through their workday. But did you know that drinking caffeine before a negotiation can actually help you stand your ground in an argument? Turns out caffeine can give you the edge you need to not back down. So, before you approach your boss about a promotion, drink a cup of Joe first!
5. Smelling PeppermintDid you know that the scent of peppermint actually stimulates your brain? Studies show the refreshing, minty smell increases a person's alertness, motivation, and performance. Not only that, but it helps you both to fight fatigue and focus better. Keep some of these peppermint candies in your drawer when you need a boost at work! Enjoy this article? You've got time for another! Check out these related articles:
- 5 Quick Tips For Better Productivity
- Get Organized With These Helpful Productivity Apps
- Improve Your Productivity: Attack Your ‘Hate To Do’ List