4 Reasons Career Coaches Won’t Make Money
I’m seeing a very disturbing trend... The need for career coaching is at critical mass. President Obama’s speech last week drove home the point Americans need to be taught the new rules to career success and employability. And if he didn’t convince you, check out these stats:
- We're at a 23-year all-time job satisfaction low according to Harvard Business School.
- 84% of Americans plan to look for new jobs in 2011 per Business News Daily.
- We have a 9%+ unemployment rate with it not expected to drop more than a point this year according to the Wall Street Journal.
- 7 1/2 months and climbing is the average length of unemployment as stated by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 13M+ Americans are out of work according to latest U.S. Labor Statistics.
- Coaching technique?
- Social media strategy?
- Marketing materials?
- Lack of being an author of a print or e-book?
- Detail what’s happened in the last 5 years and how it's hurt our industry.
- Explain 4 reasons why career coaches aren't earning the kind of money they used to.
- Outline the future of career coaching as a profession.
- Provide real examples of career coaches who are thriving in this economy.