3 GameChanging Ideas On Getting Your Ultimate Job
It's simple. If you want to succeed in your life and career, then the fastest and easiest way is to learn from people who have already done it. Related: 3 Clues That Will Help You Find Your Dream Job They've faced the challenges. They've learned the lessons. And their wisdom can significantly shorten your learning curve. That's why you're going to love these three GameChanging ideas on getting your ultimate job from some legends of the business world. Each of these men have done or are doing something absolutely remarkable in the world, and though you may not want to follow in their exact footsteps, there's a HUGE lesson to take away from each. Plus, as a small bonus for being the success-minded individual you are, I'm going to throw in a free resource at the bottom of this article. It'll help you accelerate your success and take the next step towards your ultimate job.
The 3 GameChanging IdeasSo, let's jump right into the three GameChanging ideas:
1. Do Great Work“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle."
- Steve Jobs, former Founder & CEO of AppleIt's not always easy to discover what you love to do. We get caught up with the bills, the family, the pressure… and somewhere along the way we get lost. Yet, you can get back on track. You can get in touch with what you love to do, and you can do great work. Just remember what Steve says… “Don't settle."
2. Have A Sense of Purpose“Link your work with a sense of purpose"
- John Donahoe, CEO & President of eBayWhat a powerfully simple concept. If you link your work with a sense of purpose - something bigger than yourself, then you'll find fulfillment while making a difference. So, do you feel like you have a sense of purpose in your work? If not, then it might be time to reflect on the kind of impact you'd like to make during the short time you have here on earth. There's no better time than now to connect with your purpose, and make a difference.
3. “WOW" People“To WOW, you must differentiate yourself and do something above and beyond what's expected."
- Tony Hsieh, Founder of ZapposFortunately for you, this is surprisingly easy to do nowadays… especially if you're looking for your ultimate job. See, most people use a traditional cover letter and resume, even though only 1% of traditional resumes lead to a job offer. Yet there are far better (and shockingly simple) ways to get the attention of the world's best companies and land your dream job. There are TONS of easy-to-use online platforms that can really help you stand out in a creative and authentic way. Between YouTube, Wordpress, and online resume builders, it's not hard to differentiate yourself and “WOW" people. And if you want to learn how to really “WOW" some of the world's best companies, you can check out your free bonus resource I promised you. It's a video sharing 3 practical tips you can apply today to get your ultimate job. In it, I share the wisdom of my friend and mentor, who helped my get my ultimate job years ago. So remember, do great work, have a sense of purpose, and “WOW" people, and you'll succeed in life and your career. This post was originally published at an earlier date.Disclosure: This post is sponsored by a Work It Daily-approved expert.