10 Reasons Happy People Get More Job Opportunities
I really enjoyed Gretchen Rubin’s post on LinkedIn where she challenged readers to quiz themselves as to whether they make others happy. For me, it validated why being a happy person, and subsequently, drawing others in with your positive attitude, is one of the reasons “happiness magnets” get the best jobs. A simple review of her quiz points out 10 reasons being a happiness magnet will help you in your job search:
- People seem to feel comfortable confiding in you.
- People follow your recommendations.
- You’re a source of material comfort or security for someone else.
- People whom you’ve introduced often go on to have a continuing relationship.
- People seem to drift toward you, join a conversation that you’re having, and sit down next to you at a meeting.
- You’ve recently been involved in the improvement or growth of an organization, group, or process that involves many other people.
- You are providing opportunities for other people – job leads, blind dates, contacts in a new city, and so on.
- People whom you hardly remember go out of their way to greet you warmly (i.e. the friend of your old roommate, or a former co-worker).
- Many people seem to want to connect with you — by making plans or by e-mailing, calling, or texting.
- People seem energized by you (i.e. they smile and laugh in your presence).